The lighthouse was built in 1903 during the construction of the balneological department of today’s rheumatism clinic. In fact, though, the lighthouse is a former heating smoke stack, surrounded by a tower with a cross-shaped layout, and with a lookout platform at its top. It was only after World War II that it was noticed that the structure would be suited for a lighthouse. Consequently, the lighthouse was fortified and the range of the beacon was extended after that. This way, this lighthouse is the only one along the Polish coast that got converted from a smoke stack. The beacon is turned on and off automatically by a twilight sensor, and it is visible from the Gdańsk Bay, the Hel Peninsula, and one side of the Puck Bay. By definition, it is not a lighthouse, for it doesn’t fulfill the minimum requirements. In 2008, the top of the tower, presumably lost in the 1950’s while the lighthouse was built, was successfully reconstructed. The lighthouse has a height of 30 meters (almost 100 ft.), with a spiral staircase leading to its top.