The earliest mention of Darłowo dates back to the year 1715, when an order to install beacons on both sides of the mouth of the River Wieprza was issued. In 1885, a small pilot station at the beginning of the eastern jetty with a closely attached look-out tower of square layout was equipped with a constant beacon light. In 1927, another story was added, and a lantern with a white coppola made of steel and a lookout balcony were added. This structure has survived until this day. The source of light is a 1,000-Watt halogen lamp. The Darłowo lighthouse is exposed to the onslaught of the sea water – it so happens that storm-lashed waves reach the building, the walls of which are thus covered with ice in winter. For this reason, the walls are made of ceramic bricks with an additional layer of bricks and a layer of plaster made of a cement lime mixture. The lighthouse can be visited.