The Czołpino lighthouse is situated at the highest, forest-covered dune of the Słowiński National Park, a kilometer (about .6 of a mile) away from the beach, between the towns of Łeba and Rowy. It was built in 1874. A long time ago, a kerosene lamp with five concentric fuses burned inside the glass-paned lantern room at the top of the brick-built structure. Nowadays, an electric light bulb shines its beacon light with a 14-second frequency. The lighthouse has a circular layout and is made of red facing bricks. With a wall thickness of 7 meters (23 ft.) at the base and 6.2 meters (20.34 ft.) towards the top, it is crowned by a jutting cornice and a balustrade, which houses the lantern. The facility has its own power supply and is not guarded. During the season, as of 1 May, it is open for visitors.