The lighthouse is situated some 400 meters (437 yds.) away from the coast, at the center of the town of Jarosławiec. Its construction was started in 1829. One of the master smiths of Koszalin, Winneg, made the iron lantern; it soon turned out, though, that the lighthouse was too short – the surrounding forests made it invisible. In 1835, construction of a second, higher lighthouse was started, leaving the original tower as the permanent residence of the lighthouse keeper. That second lighthouse was built of red, glazed bricks with a circular layout, and each story is decorated with a magnificent decorative cornice. At the top of the lighthouse, at a height of over 30 meters (almost 100 ft.), there is a lookout terrace, to be reached by stone stairs inside the lighthouse. From this balcony, a beautiful view over the Baltic Sea and two nearby lakes unfolds. In 1993, this lighthouse was added to the list of National Memorial Sights; it is accessible to tourists, and from its top, you can enjoy a beautiful view over Jarosławiec and its surroundings.