The lighthouse was built in the years 1904 to 1906 and is situated 5 kilometers (about 3 miles) away from the village of Stilo, also known as Osetnik. With its frustum of a pyramid and its sixteen-pointed layout, it is a distinctive building. At the top of the structure, there are two lookout galleries and a lantern, which is not open to the public. It was built in the early 20th century and features a highly modern design for its time: the steel elements are joined by bolts, clearly visible from the inside, and the splices are additionally sealed with lead. Inside, the walls are covered with a thick layer of cork, painted white. The lighthouse was painted with three distinctive stripes. Next to it, there stands the house of the keeper, where a woman, too, carries out her duties. The lighthouse is situated on top of a high dune, about a kilometer (.6 of a mile) away from the coastline.